Monday, June 18, 2012

Where has the time gone?!

Technical difficulties combined with pure business has kept me from my computer for almost a week! It is so sad to think that we are on our last week here. Let's see if I can recap some highlights from the last six days :)

Wednesday: Pretty much a normal day, we had class in the morning and rode in the afternoon. This time we were able to do free work, and I rode the little gypsy horse at the barn, Rosie. I did a lot of no-stirrup work and had a blast. After we rode we rushed off to Edinburgh to go see the torch pass through. We had a rushed dinner before, and only some of us had paid in time to go see the torch. The waiter felt bad for those of us who were missing out on the torch and gave us a few pitchers of free drinks while we watched it on tv ;)

Thursday: We had anatomy in the morning and rode in the afternoon. But this time, we got to JUMP!!!! We were all so freaking excited. The group of us that got to jump were ready for a change in pace. We only got to do a few courses, and they were pretty low jumps but it was still exciting.

Friday: Pretty normal, we had anatomy in the morning and went to an eventing yard in the afternoon. We had an early night of studying and hanging out, because we had an early morning the next day.

Saturday: Balcarres International Horse Trials!!! Only, it was POURING outside!!! It was so cold, and rain was getting in your face no matter which way you turned. I was an idiot and wore my sperrys. I was ready for the rain, but not the mud-mess that we had to endure. My shoes were being suctioned off in almost every step and I knew I had made a mistake in my shoe choice. Soooo I bought new wellies as soon as I could. They are bright teal and super cute :) They kept my feet oh so cozy and I was set for the rest of the day! It was so neat, we got to see a chariot with mini's going over flaming jumps! Other than that, we got to see our riding instructor's husband ride in the working hunter classes, some cross country, and the pony jumpers. It was so muddy, the ponies had mud up to their bellies. The cross country was rough because of all the mud as well. It was a great experience to be able to go to an International Horse Trials, and I will remember it forever!

Sunday: We got to sleep in! After a long week it was a much-needed rest. In the afternoon a few of us went over to Blackness Castle. It used to be a prison and was a really neat place, right on the coast. It was a great study break, but when we got back it was time to get back to work.

Monday: Today was our anatomy exam, and we found out at dinner that all of us passed! We were so excited, we had all studied our butts off for it. After the exam we went to another eventing yard to continue comparing how different riders keep their horses fit. The owner and rider of the yard, Olivia Wilmot, is an olympic hopeful for 2016! She actually said she and her horse, Axle, were qualified for this year's Olympics, but since the GB team is so competitive they came short of the cut off. I will definitely be looking for her in Rio in 4 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment