Thursday was the Royal Highland Show. And guess what? It rained. All day. Shocking, I know. We got there pretty early in the morning and watched the working hunter class. After shopping around a bit we went to watch the in-hand classes. There were some cute clydesdale yearlings and some miniature ponies! We explored the food tent for a while and were able to accomplish our goal of getting full off of samples :) After we had tasted every kind of jam and honey that Scotland has to offer, we went over to the main arena to watch the jumpers. Six hours in the cold rain is enough for anyone to be cranky, and when you have 15 cranky college kids in one van it gets interesting. We all went our separate ways for a while, I snuggled up in my bed and got warm until it was time for dinner.
Today was show day! We got up pretty early and went over to the barn to get the horses ready for the show. Julie and I were sharing Brannagh. Luckily she is a dark horse and it wasn't too hard to get her looking good. We groomed her and I braided her tail and called it a day. Overall it was a good show, we got 3rd in turnout, Julie got 5th in dressage and I got 4th in the jumping. We all had a great time, and except for a minor "emergency dismount" from Nicole, and Chelsea getting stepped on, there weren't any major issues. After the show we didn't really have anything to do and no one felt like packing, so we went and saw a movie. A quick stop to the pub in town was necessary, and the bartenders were sad to see us leave and gave us free shots! Packing was a chore, I didn't quite realize the amount of stuff I accumulated the past few weeks!
I am so sad to leave this beautiful place, but at the same time I am anxious to get home. It's such a mix of emotions, I'm not quite sure of what to do about it. Here's to hoping my flights go well tomorrow and I get home without a hitch.
Hi, Brannagh u mention was she at Oatridge?
ReplyDeleteSo, a year and a half late in my reply; but yes Brannagh was at Oatridge.
ReplyDelete