Tuesday was such a fun day. Why you might ask?
Because we rode allllllllll day!!!!!!!
In the morning we went to the barn, unsuspecting of this marvelous treat that was in store for us. We were assigned partners for our show on Friday. Julie and I selected Brannagh as our horse. We both do well with her, even though she can be a little fussy sometimes. She loves to jump, and is so excited while going over a course. While the first group was tacking up, the other half of us went to the arena and set up the dressage court. Julie and her group were learning a dressage test for Friday, and my group is doing a jumping course. We took turns being the "judge" and calling out the moves for the dressage test. After the first group was done, the second group got on and prepared to jump. We warmed up a bit and then were off! Brannagh is such a fun ride! She is so eager to jump and you can tell she loves it. We went around a course a few times, working on speed and balance.
After lunch we were to ride again. This time, my group rode first. We did a few courses, and everything was great. The last course I did I was turning a tight corner with her and asked for a lead change. Brannagh didn't like this too much and gave a few half-bucks in protest. It wasn't too bad, except for the fact I bit my lip twice! Ouch, it hurt so so bad. I got off after, and watched the other group ride. They went over some jumps and it was so much fun to watch. For a lot of them it was the first time they had ever jumped and it was so cute! Julie looked great on Brannagh and you could tell they were both having fun :) It definitely sent me down memory lane to when I was first learning how to jump.
Around 9 o'clock we decided to go walk up the huge hill on campus, Binny, to see the sunset. Yes, the sun here sets around 10 this time of year. It's so strange, and makes us feel the need to stay up later and later. We got some beautiful pictures of the sunset and headed back down to campus. The sheep were very interested in us this time, and we got to get close to them.
Today we had our anatomy practical in the morning (which I aced) and then rode in the afternoon. The first group went through their dressage test and then I got on and went over some jumps. It was a good riding lesson and we got some good action pictures. After riding three times in two days, my muscles are quite sore, and I'm ready for a good night's sleep.
Tomorrow we go to the Royal Highland Show, and it's supposed to rain hard core, but at least I have my new wellies!!
No comments:
Post a Comment